Saturday, November 13, 2010

Game 9: The Thuggets

Here's my post, one day late hah. Even though Kenyon Martin and Chris "the birdman" Andersen didn't play, I still like referring to Denver as the Thuggets haha. First loss of the season... even though I know it's inevitable to lose a good number of games, I still hate it every time it happens. I feel like the Lakers have the talent to win every night, but sometimes the other teams have just as much talent, simply want it more, or get some lucky breaks. Surprisingly, I didn't take this loss too badly. Mainly because the Lakers haven't been playing well despite the wins and sometimes they need a good kick in the ass to get going again. Plus like I said, losses are inevitable. Apparently Denver won the season series last year 3-1, but look who the champs are :) The Lakers didn't play them in the playoffs last year, but the year before beat them in 6 games (Trevor Ariza steals! Last second shots! Whoooo haha). I got to go to Game 2 and watch from the 7th row right next to the tunnel as Kobe eviscerated the Nuggets with 49 points and 10 assists!! It was insaneeeee. Got crazy close pics of Pau and Luke Walton too. And got to see AI and Melo in person. I love basketball :)

Anyway, I had a lot of fun watching this game overall. I thought the Lakers looked good in the beginning. Pau ended up with a double double and Kobe had a season high point total, but they collapsed down the stretch and shot waaaay too many 3s. It was ridiculous, and would have made much more sense to draw fouls by getting points in the paint for 3 point opportunities. Fish drove me crazy once again and was just throwing up brick after brick... clutch Fish did not show up hah. Shannon Brown was fantastic though, he had a number of heads up plays and a monster dunk of course, but continued to hit outside shots. Watching him this game made me seriously consider adding a purple and gold #12 to my jersey collection! He's been impressive and I've always liked him. Plus, I've been wanting a purple Lakers jersey.

It was disappointing to lose a game that it looked like we were in control of, but I'm sure the Lakers will reset and be ready for Phoenix on Sunday. Can't wait to watch that game! And yes, this is the most positive you will eeeever hear me after a Lakers loss, and it's only because it's so early in the season ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment