Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sometimes...

One reason it has always been difficult for me to keep a journal or a blog is that I'll have so much to say, get behind and then lament how behind I am and how much I want to write.

In that respect, I've enjoyed watching the Lakers very much this past week. They're still having some problems putting games away, but I can tell that their mentality has improved, and that's the most important thing. The talent is always there, as is the work ethic for the most part, so to get their brains back in sync is the key. It was definitely weird to see Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vujacic in Nets uniforms last Friday. They made invaluable contributions to the club, but I can't say I'm sad to see them go. Kobe and Derek continued their tradition this season of giving former Lakers their 2010 championship ring before tip-off; in this case, it was for Jordan. I will say that I expected them to give the Lakers some problems, just because of their intricate knowledge of the offense and whatnot. It was fun to see Kobe burn Sasha a couple times though ;)

I didn't see the loss to the Clippers because I was too mired in distress and despair from watching my Patriots lose to the team I hate the very most. Now that I think about it, it reminded me a lot of Game 6, 2008 Finals. The Lakers and Patriots came out flat, and the infallible amazing superstars played liked garbage. Plus there is no one I hate more than the Celtics in basketball, and no one I've hated more the past 3 years in football than the Jets. The Colts, I respect. Most teams I respect. But the Jets are pompous loudmouth asses, and I hate them. It's sad because I love the color green and feel like I can't wear it ever again, between them and the Celts. oh well.

(And I realize unless you personally know me, that paragraph must have seemed more than a little odd. I've been a Lakers fan my whole life, and a Patriots fan since I was 14. Didn't see the problem until the Celtics were good again and I was supposed to hate everything Boston haha... I figured, it was two separate sports and I had legitimate reasons for both.)

In any case, the Oklahoma City game on Monday was a fun one, as always. I love Kevin Durant and their team is so young and talented, and fast! We each give each other matchup problems, which makes for a fun season series, and playoff series too. Last year was a nail biter, and I expect something similar this postseason as well. One of the highlights of the night for me was when Kobe actually dunked the ball and hung on the rim!!! I don't remember the last time I saw him do that haha. OKC settled for too many three point shots (ironic since their one of the worst in the league, percentage wise), which is due to the Lakers' awesome presence in the paint. Lamar played again like the All Star he deserves to be. And Ron is coming back to his old self. Like I said, very encouraging all the way around. I don't care if this recent winning streak is against sub-500 teams; they're good morale boosters, especially after we lost badly to many sub-500 teams. One good test was Monday; tonight against Dallas is another. And then..... Boston on Sunday! Dun dun dunnnnn. I can't wait ;) Of course, if we lose I'll say it doesn't mean much because it's the regular season... but you can be sure if we win, I'll be shouting it from the top of a mountain haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment